Young scientist Award
In 1985, the general assembly in Mosbach decided to award a sponsorship award, which was renamed th young talent award by a decision of the board of directors on January 24, 2015. The price is associated with a cash donation.
- Every two years the GTFCh awards a young talent award for young scientists of the GTFCh as part of the Mosbach Symposium.
- This prize is awarded for outstanding work in the field of toxicological or forensic chemistry.
- It is linked to a cash allocation, the amount is decided by the Board of Directors.
- Members of the GTFCh who have not yet reached the age of 40 by the application deadline can apply to a selection committee. The age of exclusion can be increased by the length of parental leave that has been taken if you can provide appropriate evidence.
The following application documents must be submitted in electronic form to the responsible committee member no later than the 1st. of the year prior to the GTFCh symposium :
• Curriculum vitae (short, tabular)
• Work (s) (publications, project reports, Projektberichte, patents etc.) with these works the candidate applies for the award
• Structured list of publications with details of the impact factors
- After the application period has expired, the responsible committee member forwards the applications received to the other members of the selection committee.
- The selection committee consists of three members who are appointed by the board in its constituent meeting.
- The relevance of the work (s) submitted with the application for the field of toxicological and forensic chemistry is assessed. If there are equivalent applications in this regard, the selection will be based on the applicant´s total publication performance, determined on the basis of objective parameters such as impact factors and the Hirsh index (h-index).
- Selection committee members are not entitled to vote in the case of applicants from their own working group or in the case of co-authership (within the last 5 years). If one or more of the selection committee members are affected by this, they will be represented by unaffected members of the recognition committee in consultation with the board for the corresponding selection cycle.
- The selection committee decides consensually and submits the decision to the GTFCh board for approval.
Come into effect
These guidelines were approved in accordance with the resolution of the GTFCh board of directors on April 26, 2017 and will come into effect on April 26, 2017
Selection committee members
- PD Dr. rer. nat. Frank Peters, Jena*
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weinmann, Bern
- Dr. Folker Westphal, Kiel
* responsible for accepting and forwarding applications (